Kale 2 bunches
Sesame Oil 1/4 cup
Avocado oil (or canola) 1/4 cup
BAO Cultured Hot Sauce 1/2 tsp
garlic, minced 2 cloves
Peanuts, roasted and chopped 1 cup
Scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces 1 bunch
Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1 pound
minced ginger 1 TBSP
Rice wine vinegar 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 500ºF
2. Wash the kale and cut it into strips.
3. Toss the kale with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the kale on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Heat the avocado oil, gently brown the garlic, then add the ginger and scallions, cooke over medium heat for 2 to three minutes.
6. Remove the scallions and add the shiitakes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often (if the pan is dry add a little more oil).
7. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar and hot sauce.
8. Gently toss the kale, peanuts, scallions and the shiitake mixture.
9. Season with salt and pepper.