Brussels Sprouts are an easy to prepare cruciferous vegetable packed with vitamin K and C and many other nutrients. Cruciferous vegetables have been shown to be very helpful in fighting cancer. The BAO B Que, in addition to adding flavor, adds a hearty dose of lactobacillus. Lactobacillus is a probiotic bacteria that is part of a healthy human microbiome and aids in digestion and gut health.
This side dish is enough for 4.
Brussels Sprouts 1 pound
olive oil 1/4 cup
salt and pepper
BAO B Que 1/2 cup
Soy sauce 2 TBSP
Brown Sugar 2 TBSP (optional)
1. Trim the bottom from the Brussels sprouts.
2. Spilt them in half if small or quarters if large.
3. in a operate mixing bowl mix the BAO B Que, soy sauce and brown sugar.
4. Heat a heavy bottomed pan or iron skillet on medium.
5. mix the Brussels sprouts, olive oil and salt and pepper.
6. Gently add the Brussels Sprouts to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove the Brussels Sprouts mix them with the BAO B Que mixture.