My mom called it a "bird in the nest" other people call it "gas house eggs". What do you call it?
What do you need?
An iron skillet or stainless steel frying pan. Please do not use a non-stick pan.
2 slices of hearty bread
butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
salt and pepper
1 cup of BAO Cultured Giardinera
1. Use the cup to cut a hole in each slice of bread
2. Heat the skillet on low. Low heat is better for egg whites and will help with the sticking.
3. Put about 1 TBSP of fat into the pan and the bread, and the circle of bread that was cut out as well.
4. Let the bread cook and become golden (2 minutes).
5. Carefully crack each egg and gently place it into the center of the bread.
6. Let it sit for 2 to three minutes until you can see the albumin change to white in the center.
7. Gently flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
8. Place a half cup scoop of Giardinera on the plate and place the Egg in a basket on top.
*Iron is better than non-stick - afterward, clean the skillet with 2 TBSP of salt and scrub with a paper towel.
*low heat is better for cooking albumin