Scalion Pancake is an easy cloud pleaser and we have added a little culture to it.
It is a great "do ahead and freeze "
Gather a cuisinart, damp towel, rolling pin, brush, cutting board and knife, saute pan
Flour 2 cup
Salt 2 tsp
Hot water 1 cup
sesame oil 4 TBSP
BAO Cultured Vegetables, your choice 1/ cup
Scallions, chopped thinly 1/2 cup
bench flour ( to roll out the dough)
For the dip:
Raw organic soy sauce 1/4 cup
BAO B Que 1 TBSP
Sesame oil 1 TBSP
1. Mix all
For the pancakes:
1 cup oil for cooking (i Like coconut, but you can use canola)
1. Put the flour in the cuisinart.
2. turn it on and slowly add 3/4 cups of hot water. Mix until the dough comes together. If it is too dry, add a little more.
3. Flour your hands and remove the dough from the cuisinart.
4. knead unti smooth.
5. Cut the dough into 4 pieces. and roll each into a ball and press flat.
6. Cover with the damp towel and rest 30 minutes.
7. While the dough is resting, drain the BAO well and chop finely.
8. Roll each ball into a large disk approximately 8 inches diameter.
9. Brush the disk with the sesame oil, keep the edges dry.
10. Sprinkle BAO and scallions over the same oil.
11. roll the disk like a jelly roll. Gently attache the end to the roll.
12. Repeat with each ball.
13. Heat a saute pan and add 1/2 cup of oil ( i like coconut, but you can use canola), medium heat
14. Gently place the disc into the oil and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
15. Carefully turn over and cook the other side until golden brown.
16. Remove to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Serve hot with the dipping sauce.