You will need an iron skillet, heavy pan or griddle
6 slices of rye bread
2 roasted beets, sliced thinly
2 roasted portobello mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 cup Thousand Island Dressing
1 cup shredded vegan cheese or gruyere.
1 cup BAO Tangy Slaw
2 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP olive oil
1. Mix the olive oil and coconut oil
2. Spread the oil on one side of each slice of bread and place on a tray, oiled side down.
3. Spread the Thousand Island on the other side of the bread.
4. Sprinkle the cheese on each piece of Bread.
5. Evenly place sliced beets and mushrooms on three slices.
6. Spread BAO Tangy Slaw on the other three slices.
7. Close the sandwiches.
8. Heat the skillet on medium and place the sandwich in in the skillet and cook gently for three or four minutes on each side, until golden brown.
9. remove to a cutting board and cut in half.