1 saute pan
1 small sauce pot
1 oven safe baking dish
1 mixing bowl
1/2 cup coconut oil
6 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of turmeric, chopped
1inch piece of ginger, chopped
1 tsp BAO Cultured Hot sauce
Juice from 2 limes
1 pound Brussels sprouts
1 large sweet potato
1 large turnip
Salt and pepper
1. Trim the Brussels Sprouts and split
2. peel and dice the sweet potato and the turnip. Keep separate.
3. Heat 2 TBSP of the oil in the small pot with the garlic and cook gently until golden, Cool to room temperature.
4. Heat a small amount of the oil in the sauté pan and cook the Brussels sprouts until slightly charred and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Add only enough vegetables so that they all fit in one layer in the pan.
5. Repeat with remaining Brussels sprouts.
6. Repeat with Sweet potatoes and then with the turnips until all of the vegetables are cooked.
7. Place the garlic in oil, turmeric, ginger, hot sauce and lime juice into the blender and make smooth.
8. Place all of the vegetables and the garlic mixture into the mixing bowl and toss.
9. Put the vegetable mixture into the dish.
This can all be done one day ahead.
10. Preheat oven to 375.
11. Place the dish into the oven